JustJen

JustJen

The Current Between Us
Kindle Alexander
Aftermath - Cara Dee There were so many things I liked about this story. Even things I don't normally like, I liked here and felt they were important parts.

It was so easy to grasp how these guys changed after their months of captivity. I never had any doubt they would need to make some serious changes. One thing I am not a fan of is flashbacks. However, in this case, they were some of the best parts of the story telling of their experiences while kidnapped. They were spaced out perfectly throughout the story and gave a real sense of healing when coupled with the current goings on.

Of course, I couldn't stand Austin's wife from the get go. She never gave a sense of understanding or wanting to help Austin, often begging him to just forget the past. She was beyond selfish, in my opinion. That she was a social therapist assessing whether recent hospital patients required further care was just the icing on the cake.

But enough about her. The guys were fantastic. I loved Cam and his issues, easily sensing his moods and tempers. I loved how Austin could talk him down from attacks, and that Cam did the same for Austin. They were perfect for each other. When they first took the next step, I loved how Austin pushed forward, knowing what he wanted. While this may not work for other stories, I had no trouble picturing it here given what these guys went through. They were smoking together, and I loved every sexy scene.

Yet, I also loved the non-sexy scenes just as much. They each needed the other so badly for numerous reasons. I also loved the many small sayings that held so much meaning - Gun or NO Gun; To Hell and Back With You, etc.

I really didn't want this story to end, and I'm excited there will be a follow-up with Chase and Remy and curious to see where that one will go.