JustJen

JustJen

The Current Between Us
Kindle Alexander
Six Ways from Sunday - Mercy Celeste 4.5 stars

Wow, this one packs a punch. No, it isn't perfect; it has a few flaws here and there. But, it grabbed from the sweet beginning, caressed me through hot smexy reunions, held me tight during the emotional upheaval and soothed me at the end, leaving me with a nice big smile.

Best friends, Bo and Dylan, have grown up together with football being the center of their lives. Bo is heading to college to play ball, and Dylan has chosen to enter the military. They realize they feel more than friendship for each other on the night Dylan leaves for boot camp. Young love at its best.

Fast forward six years, they are reunited again where Bo is playing in the Super Bowl. They agree they still harbor the same feelings but unfortunately only have a week to catch up before Dylan heads back to the desert.

This is the point where you should have the tissue box close at hand. I cannot really say anything more about the second half of this book without giving too much away. Suffice to say, it has a few twists and turns, uphills and downhills with a couple of loops thrown in for good measure. I had no trouble feeling the love Bo and Dylan shared, through thick and thin. I do wish there had been more details given at certain points, but, then again, I'm not sure my heart could really take it.

This story had me bawling my eyes out, which I almost never do. I seriously had to continuously put it down to clear my eyes. I loved having my emotions yanked in such a way and love finding books that manage to do so completely unexpectedly.