JustJen

JustJen

The Current Between Us
Kindle Alexander
Fate Drops In - K.C. Grim Review written for Hearts On Fire Reviews - 3 stars

This is a short story about Connor, a young werewolf who is on his own after not wanting to conform to pack mating rituals. An accident drops him into the center of card playing vamps, who decide it best to kill Connor, as vamps and werewolves have been enemies for centuries.

Vampire, Davis, takes an interest in Connor, and helps him escape while the other vamps believe he is taking him out to kill him. Davis has no intention of killing Connor, and the two of them head to Connor’s to get better acquainted. Unfortunately, we really don’t get to see much about these guys or what really attracts them to each other, besides the physical attraction. After Davis convinces Connor to go back home to his parents and the pack, the story centers back around the werewolf/vampire issue. Connor introduces Davis as his mate to the pack, and with little to no fanfare, everything works itself out.

This was an enjoyable quick read, but it felt a bit rushed. I really would have liked more details about everything, as well as more growth in the relationship between Connor and Davis. The writing was smooth and clear though, and I look forward to seeing more from this author.