JustJen

JustJen

The Current Between Us
Kindle Alexander
A Betting Man - Sandrine Gasq-Dion I'm going to go with 3.5 stars on this one. It was pretty predictible, but I did actually read it in one sitting. Terry is the biggest sweetheart, and I fell in love with him from the start. There were very few times during this story that I felt Kent deserved to be with him.

These kinds of stories are always a little difficult to read when you know the entire time there are other not-so-nice things behind one mc's interest in another, such as the bet here to make Terry fall in love with him and make it believable that he feels the same way. Even though we know Terry is hiding a secret of his own, it, in no way, compares to the deceiptful nature of Kent's scheme.

That aside, Terry somehow sees there is a different man behind the person Kent pretends to be. Kent's family is wonderful, and Terry fits right in with them. Kent does fall for Terry pretty quickly, and there is a bit of instalove in that Kent accomplishes his goal in record time of only two months. Unfortunately, everything comes out and the jig, as they say, is up. Terry is understandably destroyed, and Kent is eventually as well, when he realizes he really did fall in love with Terry beyond the bet. None of this should come as any surprise to anyone, hence the lack of a spoiler tag.

I wish Terry hadn't given in quite as easily as he did, but was happy to see his heart mended. His family was great as well. His parents spying on him in NY to make sure he was ok was hilarious. Kent's bestie, Blaine, is a totall ass, and I would really like to see a book where he gets it handed to him by the very interesting Spencer.