JustJen

JustJen

The Current Between Us
Kindle Alexander
Capriole - Evey Brett I really enjoyed this story. It is totally not what I expected, though, to be honest, I never read the blurb. I was drawn in by the cover and the title, knowing right away from both that it had a horse theme. I really enjoyed how different this was from the every day paranormal stuff.

Steve is a Warden, whose job is to take care of half demons, which in this instance are females. This includes feeding their demon side which requires sex. While there are a few mf scenes, they are not very graphic and are an important part of the story.

Poor Ramon is so in the dark about what has been happening to him. We eventually learn all about why he thinks he is crazy and what has been done to counteract those issues throughout his life. He is such a sweetheart and has endured so much that I just wanted him to find some peace.

The horse aspect was done very well. They were made an important part of the story which I enjoyed. I don't know how common it is for them to perform their specialized movements all on their own, but I enjoyed reading about a different kind of ranch for a change. I'm looking forward to see Ramon working with them in the next book.