JustJen

JustJen

The Current Between Us
Kindle Alexander
Break and Enter - Rachel Haimowitz, Aleksandr Voinov To be fair, I don't generally enjoy futuristic type stories, but since I have enjoyed books by this author in the past, and this one got such great reviews, I thought I would give it a try. This book started out very slow for me. The first few chapters were very heavy with the tech aspect and I found myself getting a little lost trying to picture what I was reading. Cyke is a very interesting and sexy character, but, again, I was a bit overwhelmed with all the bionic like information.

Bear is a sexy nerdy techno geek. At the point where Bear really starts helping Cyke is when this story turned around for me. Bear is trying to repair the damage to Cyke's 'ware. He decides to only fix what he really knows how to fix, and in doing so, notices that all of Cyke's sexual related senses were disengaged. This is the point where he fixes that and then helps Cyke "recover" from the onslaught of sexual sensory overload. So, the story picks up, and the techno lingo is less distracting to me. Bear is sweet and funny, while Cyke is reserved and cautious, and I really liked them together. They made a great team, and I was rooting them on until the end.