JustJen

JustJen

The Current Between Us
Kindle Alexander
Power Play: Resistance - Rachel Haimowitz, Cat Grant I have read a few books lately where the books fell quite short of my expectation garnered from reading the blurbs. Thankfully, this is not the case, as Power Play totally delivers on that aspect.

I loved Bran right away. His inner dialog had me chuckling at times, and it was hard not to feel his strength and stubborness. He enters into the contract, somewhat blindly, in my opinion, even though Jonathan gave him an idea of what he would expect. I was disappointed in Jonathan that he didn't take the time initially to explain things better, given that Bran was totally new to the scene. Unfortunately, Bran continues to not understand things and becomes more stubborn and beligerent. This is another area where Jonathan disappointed me in that I think he should have realized the roadblocks and found other ways around them, besides inflicting more pain. Jonathan does keep trying though, and he always makes it clear that Bran can safeword and end things, even going so far as pushing him to end the contract when Bran refuses to do so.

These guys work through an awful lot in a short amount of time. Some of the practices seemed quite harsh at times, but the scenes are well written and things move along at a pretty fast pace. I'm really looking forward to the next book to see where things go from here.